Sunday, October 4, 2009

Garden Cafe 嘉頓港式西餐 Breakfast on a Sunday morning

We had a morning menu. The service was what you would expect from a regular chinese restaurant, meaning so so. A glass of water is really a dirty glass of tap water. I can do better than that at home.

Tom Yum Cellophane Noodles Soup (泰國冬蔭功) + Hot Coffee or Milk Tea
$6.25
Rating: @@@
The shrimp tasted okay. It didn't have the frozen flavor that I expected from this kind of small shrimps. The mushroom was relative fresh. The soup was little less sour than the real Tom Yum Soup. I did like the cellophane noodles (粉絲), it was cooked just right. Overall, it was a reasonable dish for the price.




Duck Egg and Pork Porridge (皮蛋瘦肉粥) + Soy Sauce Fried Noodles (豉油皇炒麵) + Hot Coffee or Milk Tea
$6.25
Rating: @@
The porridge is almost tasteless, which is different than that light taste that I expected from porridge. They simply didn't do a good job on this porridge. The fried noodles is not that good neither, too soft to me.



Garden Cafe 嘉頓港式西餐
18406 E. Colima Rd, #H
Rowland Heights, CA 91748
626-913-1188
Sunday-Thursday 8am-1am
Friday-Saturday 8am-4am

No comments:

Post a Comment