Saturday, October 10, 2009

Lunch Buffet @ Hsi Lai Temple

We arrived at 12:30pm for the vegetarian buffet lunch at their Dining Hall. $7.00 per person. It used to be $5.00 per person couple years ago. The food selection were pretty much the same as couple years ago. I pretty much tried all food they had.


My first dish. The cellophane noodles with vegetable on the upper left corner were the best one. The rest was okay. The soup wasn't tasty at all.


My second dish. I like tofu (not saying their tofu was good), so I got some more. The stir-fried rice noodles on the upper left corner wasn't good at all.


My third dish. More tofu. To my surprise, their bumpkin tempura taste pretty good. Crunchy outside and soft inside.

No rating for this one since it wasn't mean to taste good. I would just say you can get better food for $7.00 in the area. If it was still $5.00, it would have been a reasonable deal. Just a note that, shorts, mini-skirts and tank tops are considered not appropriate at the temple.




Hsi Lai Temple
3456 S. Glenmark Dr.
Hacienda Heights, CA 91745
626-961-9697
http://www.hsilai.org/
Mon - Sun: 9:00am - 5:00pm

Dining Hall:
Mon - Fri: 11:30 - 1:30pm
Sat - Sun: 11:30 - 2:30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment